The odds are good that you won’t need a tile roof replacement in Fort Myers, FL, anytime soon. Tile is incredibly durable, built to last for decades. But things can happen, such as powerful storms and unforeseen circumstances leading to cracked or broken tiles. If that has happened to your roof, get in touch with the experts at Dickson Roofing. We’ll fix whatever problems are occurring quickly and efficiently so you can get on with your day.
What Kinds of Tiles are Popular in Florida?
In Florida, clay tiles are a popular choice because they’re durable and can withstand our hot and humid climate. Clay tiles, of course, come from natural clay. That clay gets super-heated in a kiln, making them strong enough to handle just about anything. They’re also resistant to wind, rain, and other types of extreme weather, which is essential in a state prone to hurricanes and other storms.
Concrete tiles are another popular choice. They’re made from a mixture of cement, sand, and water and are molded into various shapes and sizes. Concrete tiles are also durable, resistant to extreme weather, and can last 50 years or more.
It’s important to note that clay and concrete tiles are heavier than other roofing materials, such as asphalt shingles. As a result, they may require additional structural support to ensure that your home can support the weight of the tiles.
When choosing a tile roofing material for your home in Florida, it’s essential to consider your home’s specific needs and budget and consult with a Dickson Roofing representative for guidance and recommendations on which style will be best for your particular situation.
How to Extend the Lifespan of Your Tile Roof
- Tile is a low-maintenance roofing option, as tiles are resistant to rot, insects, and other types of damage. However, there are a few things you can do to maintain your tile roof and ensure it continues to provide long-lasting protection for your home:
- Keep the roof clean – You’ll want to keep your tile roof clean to prevent debris from building up and causing damage. NEVER get on the roof yourself because it’s too dangerous. Call a Dickson Roofing professional instead.
- Check for and repair damaged tiles – If you notice any damaged tiles, it’s important to have them repaired or replaced as soon as possible to prevent leaks and further damage to your roof.
- Check for and repair any leak – If a leak has occurred, it will be critical that you get in touch with Dickson Roofing as soon as possible so we can keep any damage to an absolute minimum.
- Have an inspection performed once a year – It’s a good idea to have a Dickson Roofing professional inspect your roof at least once a year to identify any issues that may need to be repaired.
By following these simple maintenance steps, you can help ensure that your tile roof continues to provide long-lasting protection for your home.
Schedule an Appointment With Us
Hopefully, you won’t need a tile roof replacement in Fort Myers, FL, for a long time. But if you do, Dickson Roofing will be ready. Contact us online or call (239) 514-1100 to schedule an appointment with one of our friendly representatives.