Roof skylight replacement in Naples, Florida isn’t as hard to find as perhaps you originally thought. In fact, you can satisfy all of your roofing installation, replacement, repair, and inspection needs right here at Dickson Roofing!
Dickson Roofing has been in the roofing business since 1976 and serving the Naples area since 1984. Our comprehensive experience covers every conceivable roofing project from new construction, to replacements, to repairs. Whether it’s a business or home, pitched, gabled or flat, wood, slate, metal or tile, Dickson’s craftsmanship is the finest available.
We buy only the top products from local suppliers, ensuring the roof covering materials we use on your project are simply the best available, and we offer precision installation on every job.
Tips Before Installing a Skylight
Dark rooms in your home may tempt you to consider adding a skylight, but chances are, since you have arrived here it is because you already love your skylight but need a new one. Whatever the issue, here are some tips to know before installing a new or replacement skylight:
- All skylight installations are not equal. Skylights have had a bad reputation over the years. There is a heavily circulated myth that all skylights leak. This is not due to the skylight itself in most situations though. Following manufacturer instructions during installation means you won’t have leaks for as long as 20 years. Unfortunately, not all contractors are as devoted to quality installation as we are at Dickson Roofing.
- It is always best to hire people with experience. When you are talking about having work done on your roof, especially something that requires a gaping hole to be filled, created, or a replacement installed, experience is a necessity. Hire someone who knows how to successfully install leak-free skylights.
- You should have at least 10 years with no issues. Skylights stay leak free as long as they are installed properly, and the materials hold up. Each skylight manufacturer has its own warranty but some of the best ones offer a 10 year no leak warranty on their product and its materials. Having your skylight regularly inspected will help ensure it lasts.
- Replacing it at the right time can save you tons of money. If your skylights are five years old or younger, they should be fine. However, once they pass that timeframe it is a good idea to have them regularly inspected to catch any potential leaks before they begin and cost you a lot of money in repairs.
- Choose which method you will have the skylight installed. There are deck mounted and curb mounted versions. Deck mounted ones are essentially a one and done situation in which they are designed to slip into the precut hole. Curb mounted versions are retrofitted and will probably not have a specific flashing kit so your contractor will have to make his own to keep the skylight from leaking. That requires significant skill and should only be trusted to the experts.
Properly installed skylights are incredibly enjoyable and should provide you with a leak free experience for a minimum of ten years. So, when you are looking for roof skylight replacement in Naples, Florida, be sure to contact the experts at Dickson Roofing. We can be reached at 239.514.1100 for a free, no-obligation estimate.