Are you dreaming of a starry sky view? Is having a roof skylight installation in Naples, Florida at the top of your wish list? If so, Dickson Roofing is just the place for you!
Dickson Roofing has been in the roofing business since 1976 and serving the Naples area since 1984. Our comprehensive experience covers every conceivable roofing project from new construction, to replacements, to repairs. Whether it’s a business or home, pitched, gabled or flat, wood, slate, metal or tile, Dickson’s craftsmanship is the finest available.
We buy only the top products from local suppliers, ensuring the roof covering materials we use on your project are simply the best available, and we offer precision installation on every job.
Everything You Need to Know Before Installing a Skylight
While you may have determined that adding a skylight will be a great way to infuse natural lighting into your home or office environment, there are some things you should know about that before you begin any work. Here are some tips that cover everything you need to know before installing a skylight:
- Skylight glare has to be avoided. Glare won’t just make the room too bright; it will also increase the temperature. Too much sunshine can washout fabrics and make other surfaces fade over time. Adding a filter or shade to the skylight is a good option but it is best to ensure it is installed with minimal sun glare in the first place.
- You can control the amount and direction of light. You probably didn’t realize that the shape of the skylight is what will control where the light goes in the room you are installing it in. Flared skylights are best for rooms where you want the light to spread out. However, if you want to provide more focused lighting that is entering the room in a straight line then it is best to choose a straight-sided skylight.
- Light can affect the feel of a room. Small rooms with limited natural lighting feel even smaller than they are. So, when you install a skylight into one of these rooms you create a more open ambiance because the light now has the ability to reach all the corners.
- Consider how to control the heat gain. Adding sunlight is going to increase the warmth in appearance and temperature. So, some ways to alleviate the additional heat gain is to use skylights that are made of double-insulated glass that has been tempered with low-E coatings. Bronze-tinted versions are also desirable if you are planning on installing your skylight on the south or west sides of the house. One more trick is to install it at a lower slope. Energy conservation experts suggest that if you install it at 5-15 degrees lower than the latitude of your home you will reap the cooler temperature benefits.
- Vented skylights are a thing. Some skylights offer vented options for additional cooling. These skylights allow fresh air to enter the room while simultaneously allowing the hot air to rise and escape. Those with motors are easier to use, of course, but they do make them with manual crank abilities too.
Rely on roof skylight installation in Naples, FL from the experienced Dickson Roofing crew for superior installation, service, and warranty. Call us today at 239.514.1100 for a free, no-obligation estimate.