Your roof is responsible for protecting your home or business from the brutal Florida weather. If you are looking for roof replacement in Port Royal, Naples, Dickson Roofing is an excellent choice.
Dickson Roofing has served Southwest Florida for over three decades. You can find our top-quality work throughout Collier and Lee Counties in some of the most prestigious communities, including Port Royal, Grey Oaks, Bay Colony, Mediterra, Olde Naples, Aqualane Shores, and Park Shore.
We buy only the top products from local suppliers, ensuring the roof covering materials we use on your project are simply the best available, and we offer precision installation on every job. We exceed Florida Building Code minimums on all roofs.
Signs You May Need a New Roof
One or more of the following red flags may be an indication of a potentially serious roof problem:
- Shingles or tiles are cracked, curled, worn, or missing
- Split wood shingles
- Mold, moss, or algae growth
- Leaks, stains, or spotting on interior ceilings
- Streaks along exterior home walls
- Broken or damaged roof flashing
- Expired roof warranties
- Storm damage
- Your roof is at least 20 years old
Understand How Moisture Can Damage Your Roof
Florida roofs have especially harsh climate to deal with, including our blazing sun, extreme humidity, frequent tropical rainstorms, hurricane winds, and salt air. Each of these is very stressful to every component of your roof.
Whether it is a residential or commercial roof, moisture is its number one enemy. It can be difficult to spot but may eventually damage your roof beyond repair. Here are some of the ways it wrecks your roof:
- Energy Related Issues – When moisture becomes trapped in your roofing system, it can increase your energy expenses.
- Leaks – Most roofs are designed to prevent the intrusion of rain that falls vertically. But the wind-driven rain we often experience in Florida can approach your roof not only from the top, but from the sides and from below as well.
- Mold Growth – The ever-present moisture in Florida can compromise your roof and lead to the growth of moss, algae, mildew, and mold which can spread into the building’s interior and cause health problems for the inhabitants.
Things to Consider Before Replacing Your Roof
Given the large expense of a roof replacement, consider these tips that will help provide you with a roof that lasts a lifetime:
- Do extensive research. Dickson Roofing is one of a few companies in Florida with a dedicated safety department to ensure that every part of your job is done safely.
- Pick quality material. We know you want to save money, but price isn’t everything when it comes to picking materials. If you are interested in premium materials for your roof, entrust your project to roofing contractors like Dickson Roofing who have the specialized knowledge, training, and equipment to do the job properly.
- Get a written estimate. It should include the type of roof covering, the color and the manufacturer’s name; the estimated cost of all materials, including the roof covering, underlayment, flashing, drip edges, gutters, and new ventilation if required; the estimated cost of removing your old roof; the estimated cost of hauling away debris; the estimated timeline from start to finish; and payment due dates and accepted payment methods.
As you research your options for roof replacement in Port Royal, Naples, consider the professionals at Dickson Roofing. We are experienced with virtually all modern roofing systems. Call us today at 239.514.1100 for a free, no-obligation estimate.