As the premier local roofing contractor in Bonita Springs, FL, Dickson Roofing has a long history of delighted clients. We’ve been around since 1976, and our company has encountered almost every roofing problem imaginable. We know everything there is to know about every roofing material, and we’ll tell you exactly what needs to be done to ensure your roof is strong and reliable for decades to come.
What Materials Work Best in Florida Humidity?
In a climate like ours, choosing roofing materials that are resistant to moisture and can withstand high humidity levels is essential. Some options to consider include the following:
- Metal roofing – Metal roofing is a durable and long-lasting option that is resistant to moisture and can withstand high humidity levels. It is also energy-efficient, as it reflects heat and can help keep your home cool.
- Slate roofing – Slate is a natural stone that does a great job withstanding moisture. It is a long-lasting and durable option but will cost more.
- Clay or concrete tiles – Clay or concrete tiles are also durable and built to handle humid air for decades. They are also very energy-efficient as well.
- Asphalt shingles – Asphalt shingles are popular and affordable. Not only can they hold up against humidity, but they’re also easy to install and repair.
Don’t Neglect Roof Ventilation
No matter which type of roofing material you choose, you need proper ventilation in your attic to help reduce the amount of moisture that builds up and prevent damage to your roof.
There are several signs that you may have a roof ventilation problem:
- Your energy bills are unusually high – If your energy bills are higher than usual, it could be a sign that your attic is not adequately ventilated. Poor ventilation can cause your home to be hotter in the summer and colder in the winter, which can lead to higher energy costs.
- Your roof is deteriorating prematurely – If your roof is deteriorating faster than it should, it could be a sign that moisture is building up in your attic and causing damage to your roof.
- You notice a musty smell in your home – A musty smell in your home could be a sign of too much moisture in your attic, which could lead to mold and mildew. This can be caused by a lack of ventilation.
If you suspect you have a roof ventilation problem, it’s important to address it as soon as possible. A roofing contractor can help diagnose the issue and recommend a solution.
Why Choose Dickson Roofing?
Every member of the Dickson Roofing team is dedicated to going above and beyond. Plenty of contractors give lip service to exceeding customer expectations, but we have actually done it for over 40 years. Our company has earned a lot of trust during that time, and we would love the chance to earn your ongoing trust as well.
If you want to work with the best local roofing contractor in Bonita Springs, FL, get in touch with Dickson Roofing. You can call us at (239) 514-1100 or contact us online.