A roof is an expensive undertaking, and you want it done right. Before signing a contract, we encourage you to review the following tips from Dickson Roofing for how to choose the best roofer in Naples, Florida.
Dickson Roofing has served Southwest Florida for more than three decades. You can find our top-quality work throughout Collier and Lee counties in some of the most prestigious communities, including Port Royal, Grey Oaks, Bay Colony, Mediterra, Olde Naples, Aqualane Shores and Park Shore.
How to Find the Best Roofing Contractor?
Tips for finding the right roofing contractor include:
- Referrals. Ask your friends, family, or co-workers who they recommend for roofing and repairs. Take the time to ask questions such as: How would you rate the quality of their work? How long did the project take? How much did it cost? This will give you a good idea of what to expect.
- Visit the contractor’s website. A roofer’s website can be an invaluable tool in understanding the quality of work they do. You will typically find photos, reviews and testimonials on a company site and links to other pages that may be helpful.
- Read online reviews. Reading online reviews of a prospective contractor will provide you with a wealth of information. Was the job done in a timely manner? Were the contractor’s former clients satisfied with the work? Check the roofer’s online reviews at sites like Yelp, and ask around on Facebook and Twitter.
- Credentials. Choose a roofing contractor that is licensed and insured in Florida. Having liability insurance is also a must, and make sure they carry worker’s compensation for their employees. (Be sure to note the coverage end dates.)
- Estimates. Contact several roofing companies for estimates. Most professional contractors should be willing to provide a free estimate. Compare what you will be getting to be sure your roof will be repaired or replaced with the same high-quality materials. What is included? Does the estimate cover cleanup and debris removal? How long will the job take? Does the work come with a warranty? Remember that the lowest bid does not necessarily guarantee the best work.
- Ask to see their work. Any reputable roofing contractor will gladly refer you to homes where they have done roofing work. Check them out and pay special attention to the craftsmanship. To see how the company’s work holds up, ask to see homes that had work done over a decade ago. This will tell you if their work will stand the test of time.
- Pay attention to the little things. Is the contractor cheerful and willing to answer all of your questions? Are they quick to return your phone calls? Or, is getting information out of them like pulling teeth? Customer service is a good indication of their level of professionalism.
For the best results, it’s important to perform your due diligence when choosing a roofing contractor. We invite you to contact Dickson Roofing, the best roofer in Naples, FL, at (239) 514-1100 to discover our capabilities.