As you search for the best roofer in Fort Myers, Florida, consider Dickson Roofing. We have been serving Southwest Florida families and businesses for more than three decades, providing them with top-quality work and unparalleled customer service.
The Dickson Roofing team is comprised of Florida State-Certified Roofing Contractors, Florida State-Certified General Contractors, and has Florida High-Wind Certification from The Roofing Institute. We are also proud members of the Florida Roofing & Sheet Metal Association and the Tile Roofing Institute, one of the leading experts in the industry.
We buy only the best products from local suppliers, ensuring that the roof covering materials we use on your project are simply the best available, and we offer precision installation on every job. Plus, we exceed Florida Building Code minimums on all roofs.
Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing the Right Roofer
Investing in your roof can be a major expenditure whether you need it repaired or replaced. That’s why it is so important to ensure that you do all the necessary research to hire a reputable and experienced contractor to complete the work.
Unfortunately, many homeowners get overwhelmed in the search process. We have noticed five common mistakes that home and business owners make when forced to deal with all the options out there. We want to help you avoid these mistakes:
- Ignoring or not researching reputation. Never opt for door-to-door roofers. These people are probably not local or insured, and this is why it is essential that you do your homework on the company you choose to hire. Read their customer reviews. Previous clients are an excellent barometer on service and experience.
- Not checking credentials. If you hire a company that is not licensed or insured, you could end up with hefty medical bills should a worker get injured on your property. Understand that all reliable and reputable companies will have both General Liability and Worker’s Compensation insurance. The first protects you should the contractor damage something at your home and the second covers on-the-job injuries so that you don’t have to.
- Forgetting to get a written estimate. Anyone offering to take under the table cash rather than signing a formal contract should be avoided. While you might think you are saving money, you are risking far more. Ensure that your written estimate includes cost breakdowns of materials and labor and explains what will happen should the job change. Not only does this guarantee your expenditure it will also help you compare quotes from various companies.
- Failing to get a warranty. Reputable roofers take pride in their work and will therefore offer you a warranty for it. They will also provide you with the necessary information for the available manufacturer’s warranties for the products they use.
- Picking solely based on price. We understand that you want to get the best deal. But making a selection purely on the price is not advisable. You need to take all the other things we’ve discussed into consideration as well. Remember, you usually get what you pay for!
For the best results, it’s important to perform your due diligence when choosing a roofing contractor. We invite you to contact Dickson Roofing, the best roofer in Fort Myers, Florida, at 239.514.1100 to discover our capabilities.