Is your property in Naples, FL ready for roof replacement? Contact Dickson Roofing today for an estimate. As one of the best roofing companies in Naples, we offer services to fit both residential and commercial needs and are an excellent choice when you need to replace a roof.
Dickson Roofing has been serving Southwest Florida homeowners and businesses for more than three decades, providing them with top-quality work and unparalleled customer service. Our team is comprised of Florida State-Certified Roofing Contractors and Florida State-Certified General Contractors, and maintains Florida High-Wind Certification from The Roofing Institute. We are also proud members of the Florida Roofing & Sheet Metal Association and the Tile Roofing Institute.
When to Replace a Roof
We all know that roofs do not last forever, but how do you know when it’s time to replace a roof? Sometimes the signs are obvious (a tree crashed through your attic), but, most of the time, the signs are more subtle. Here are some tips on how long different types of roofing materials should last.
Asphalt Roof: You can expect asphalt shingles to last 10 to 15 years in Florida, depending on the materials, shingle thickness, shingle quality, and the quality of the installation.
Wood Shake Roof: Wood shake roofing is highly variable based on the type of wood used and the climate. It can be specially treated to withstand Southwest Florida’s unique climate and will typically last 15 to 30 years with some periodic maintenance.
Tile Roof: Clay and concrete tile are among the most durable of roofing materials and can withstand abuse from Florida’s saltwater, wind, sun and heat. Lifespans of 50 to 100 years are common.
Metal Roof: Metal roofing systems are resistant to decay, discoloration, fire, mildew, and even withstand hurricanes. Depending on the type of metal, they may need replacement after 30 to 100 years.
Slate Roof: Incredibly durable and exceptionally resistant to fire and hurricanes, a high-grade slate roof can last up to 100 years, even with little or no maintenance, and has an average lifespan of 45 to 75 years.
A Roof Replacement Estimate: What Should Be Included?
Estimates, while not etched in stone, will give you an idea of what to expect in terms of expenses and time commitment. The following details should be in a roofing estimate:
- Estimated Timeline from Start to Finish – You and the roofer should agree on the exact date that work will begin on your project to ensure that it’s soon enough to meet your needs, as well as on an approximate completion date.
- List of Materials – The estimate should include an itemized list, including costs, of all roofing materials, information about the manufacturer, the roof covering color, underlayment type and thickness, flashing locations, gutters, and even the size of the nails and fasteners the roofer intends to use.
- Cost of Clean-Up – The estimate should include the estimated cost of removing the old roof, hauling away the debris, or renting a dumpster and heavy equipment, if required.
- Guarantees – Your roofing contractor should provide you with information about material and workmanship guarantees and warranties.
- Proof of License and Insurance – A reputable roofing contractor will provide proof of their license and insurance so you can be confident that they are qualified to do the work and that their insurance will protect you from liability for damages incurred on your property.
As you evaluate roofing contractors in Naples, FL, for roof replacement, consider the professionals at Dickson Roofing. We are experienced with virtually all modern roofing systems. Call us today at (239) 514-1100 for a free, no-obligation estimate.